Friday, October 2, 2009

I bought Norton Antivirus 2007, but it won't install until I uninstall Symantec Antivirus.?

When I tried to uninstall Symantec Antivirus, it required an uninstall password; anyone else ever had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it, or know the password? I've tried the Norton Removal Tool, %26 that didn't work. Please help! Thanks! :)



I bought Norton Antivirus 2007, but it won't install until I uninstall Symantec Antivirus.?free antivirus



The password is generally set by an administrator. Is it a corporate machine? If you got it from someone else possibly working in a larger environment with managed antivirus software, you should consult them.



Try: symantec That has worked for me on one occasion.



I bought Norton Antivirus 2007, but it won't install until I uninstall Symantec Antivirus.?internet



The password would have been something you typed in during the initial installation of Symantec Anti Virus. Have yout tried your login password (administrator password)? I believe if you call Symantec, they can help you with removing the password so you can uninstall it.
oo that sucks
I haven't used Norton for a few years, but I don't recall ever having that problem, so I'm not really sure why I'm answering this question. However, I will say this: If you manage to get Symantec off of your computer, and decide that you want a really good (IMHO) Internet Security Suite, I would recommend Computer Associates E-Z Armor Internet Security Suite. It includes Anti-Virus, Firewall, Anti-Spam and Anti-Spyware options. Have you visited the Symantec website concerning this problem? You might find something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment