Friday, October 2, 2009

"drivecleaner" virus HELP!!!?

i got scammed! one of those d*** popup ads saying that for security purposes i needed to download DRIVECLEANER. like a d*****ss, i hit ok. but before i ran or saved the file, i got skeptical, apparently too late, so i canceled and thought it may not have downloaded. guess it did, b/c now my nortonantivirus is saying that it found a *HIGH RISK* virus - drivecleaner - but my subscription ran out. my dad renews it, but im scared by tomorrow, its gonna do some damage to my computer!!! PLUS, my computer wont even shut down now. when i go to turn it off, the norton thing keeps popping up, and wont allow me to shut down. PLEASE HELP!!!!



"drivecleaner" virus HELP!!!?antivirus programs



It's a scam. See http://www.symantec.com/security_respons...



"drivecleaner" virus HELP!!!?computer protection



oh i believe that drive cleaner is annoying... here's a removal for that thing: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-drive-cl...
You can try going to your control panel and click on 'add or remove programs'see if its there and if it is remove it.
I got hit by that stupid thing too.



Just unplug your computer, then reboot it, empty your cache memory, then go to add/remove programs and see what new programs are loaded on your computer that you don't recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment